A Colder War
- In Karrnath there is a religious order known as the Emerald Claw.
- During the war they were much like the SS of Nazi Germany.
- Now that the war has ended they have began to seize power over the Karrnath government and are running amuck within that country.
- They very often use undead knights to do their bidding.
- They have somehow become involved with Sharne City Guard and seem to be after Lord Gut.
- The Knights that were the Emerald Claw use are animated golems made of dead flesh (this differentiates them from normal reanimated zombies. They can consist of parts from different corpses)
- They are essentially automata controlled by a nearby necromancer
- Whoever sent them was hunting for Lord Gut
- This person must have been the High Priestess of the Blood of Vol Sect or one of her direct underlings
- She goes by Demise and has a past linked to the Emerald Claw
- Practitioners of the Blood of Vol are easy to spot. They cannot easily hide within a crowd while preforming their magic.
- Yet the Priestess Demise hides her nefarious activities amount the halls and back rooms of the affluent of Sharn.
- The Blood of Vol is not seen as a dangerous cult in most places it operates. It is Ubiquitous across the continent. [Except for the blood sacrifices it calls for in its ceremonies it is like the simple semi-secretive mason fraternities that exist throughout the real world].
- The leaders and highest spiritual authority within each cult ring of the Blood of Vol is always a woman.
- Lord Gut is entropy in the flesh. He is animated Elemental Chaos in the flesh of a fallen human.
- He is here to balance the plain that humanity inhabits with the other plains of existence; chiefly his own the realm of chaos.